Empowering Young Writers
For many students, writing can be intimidating, upsetting, and mystifying. Some of the roadblocks young writers run into include:
- taking a parent’s criticism of their writing very personally.
- being unsure of how to fix what is wrong with their writing.
- specific skill gaps that are keeping them from meeting their full writing potential.
The Time4Writing approach addresses each of these hurdles in order to make the writing process as smooth and seamless as possible and improve student writing. Our unique curriculum style is to:
- emphasize the process of writing rather than the finished product so that students will receive constructive criticism more readily.
- encourage students to postpone closure on a piece of writing until they have explored all of its possibilities.
- breaking down the act of writing into distinct steps that enables students to get proper perspective on their writing and see where they need additional help or instruction.
With this method, young writers move out of frustration and into confidence. They discover that they can master and yes, even enjoy writing!
The Value Of Dialogue
Time4Writing also recognizes the value of dialogue as a teaching technique. Teachers empower their students by asking them to talk about their writing at every step of the writing process. Students submit work according to a set schedule of lessons and assignments, and instructors provide feedback on the work, mixing encouragement with constructive criticism. Students apply these suggestions to the next step in their writing assignment. This exchange creates a helpful, ongoing conversation between instructor and student — about both the content of the writing, and the process of doing the work.
[button url=”http://devwww.time4writing.com/writing-teachers-bios/” class=”primary” bg=”” hover_bg=”” size=”0px” color=”” radius=”0px” width=”0px” height=”0px” target=”_blank”] Meet Our Caring Teachers [/button]
Covering All the Bases
The other key to ensuring that a student writer achieves success is by creating a strong foundation for all consecutive writing instruction to build on. You can’t write an essay until you’ve mastered paragraphs. And you won’t write a complete paragraph until you fully understand sentences. Plus, the writing of sentences, paragraphs, and essays all depend on grasping the basics of grammar and mechanics. Time4Writing offers student writing lessons in all essential areas of writing instruction so that students won’t have gaps that limit the effectiveness of their communication later in life.
[button url=”http://devwww.time4writing.com/select-writing-courses/” class=”primary” bg=”” hover_bg=”” size=”0px” color=”” radius=”0px” width=”0px” height=”0px” target=”_blank”] View All Courses [/button]